2008 is an exciting time to be a part of the Dental School at the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio!
- The class of 2012 will be welcomed to the profession on July 14
- New residency programs begin in Laredo this summer
- Cutting edge research in such things as saliva-based diagnostic technology is currently being conducted in our laboratories
- Dedicated faculty members work with our students to provide one of the best dental education programs in the country
- The American Dental Association Annual Session will be in San Antonio in October and our students, faculty, staff and alumni will all have important roles to play during the meeting
The support of alumni and friends helps to make many of these things possible.
Professorships and Chairs
Faculty recruitment and retention is crucial to the success of a dental school. The retirement of faculty members and financial competition from other schools make faculty chairs and professorships even more important to our Dental School.
With approximately 95 students in each class, scholarships are always in need as they help today’s students become tomorrow’s health care professionals.
Dean’s Critical Needs Fund
Unrestricted giving can make a huge difference in the academic life of our students and faculty. Gifts to the Dean’s Critical Needs Fund can support such diverse activities as funding a student’s travel to present a scholarly paper, purchasing new equipment for a lab or building a student lounge. Unrestricted gifts benefit every part of the Dental School and are indeed critical to our school’s continued growth and success.
For additional information on how you can help the Dental School at the UT Health Science Center, please visit the rest of this site or contact Sara Piety, Director of Development for the Dental School, at (210) 567-6536 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you would like to make a gift now, please visit our online giving site)